Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Day 1 of Cyber Dating Commences

I need to start this blog by saying, I am very skeptical of online dating. As a matter of fact, I am pretty weirded out by the whole thing. I am literally the only remaining single person in my group of friends and to be completely honest, I am not okay with it. I have experienced heartbreak after heartbreak. From my first love, that beat me down emotionally, to the best friend that I was convinced by others that I was in love with. There was one guy in my life for 5 years. I was convinced that he was the one. No matter what happened over the past 5 years we always went back to each other. Well... I just found out via Facebook that he is now engaged. Again, HEART SMASHED!! My most recent dating experience was with a guy 7 years younger than me... Obviously that didn't work out considering he is 19 and has no idea who he is let alone what he wants out of life. It ended and I found myself heartbroken... and a little pissed that I was dumped by a kid. I guess I didn't do a good job of hiding my broken heart, because everyone who knows me even a little bit knew something was wrong. After almost 2 months of still thinking about him every day and praying every night that it will work out for us, I have decided that it is time to move on. That is where our story begins....

A few of my friends convinced me at lunch last week that it would be a good idea to start online dating and blog about my experience. If nothing else, it will be funny and provide entertainment to those who read it, and who knows, maybe my prince is in the group of men willing to try the online dating thing. Only time will tell. So here we go.... Day 1 - signing up for plentyoffish.com

Step 1 of registration is to pick a name. I chose Niknak1425.
Step 2 is filling out a questionnaire.

Body Type? Really? The options are "Thin, Athletic, Average, A few extra pounds, Big & Tall/BBW" Seriously? Who is going to openly admit they are 400 pounds? Where is the option "bitch I look good"?
Do I smoke? uhh... no... I have asthma....
Do I do drugs? Is anyone really going to answer, "yes I have a meth lab in my kitchen"? I think not...
When it comes to dating what best describes your intent? uhh... to blog about the crazies, make people laugh, and get famous? Is that a good answer? No? Okay, I put to find a relationship.
Now I have to fill out a headline and write a description about myself.... If you ask me, I am awesome and boys are stupid for not finding me in real life and making me result to online dating. But I won't write that.

Okay.... I am done.... oh wait... they want you to think you are done, but now I have to fill out a personality test. As if I don't have to do this enough at work.

And wow... 30 seconds after I finish the final step I already have 4 messages.... Here we go... Stay tuned tomorrow to find out what happens next.... Oh and if you want to view my plenty of fish profile click on the link at the top!

1 comment:

  1. Great blog Nik Nak. Can't wait to read more. And I just know, deep down that God is preparing the absolute perfect person for you! I think when you meet him, he'll wonder where the hell you've been all his life and you'll think the same. And just like that, no long term dating or engagement, it will be wam-bam-thank you-man! Just be happy and have fun while on the search for him! Love you!! LJ

    ReplyDelete