Sunday, January 22, 2012

Time for a little change???

I have been working on a new project for work and in doing so have done a lot of research on social media. I decided I need to be a little more careful in posting pictures and naming the websites and people by name. I will just use code words like fishes and stupid cupid from now on. I also thought about being a little nicer in my blog. Thanks to Adam and Trey, I started thinking about how mean I sound in my blogs. The past few days I have really been rethinking where I am going with this blog and started thinking that maybe I should start writing about the good things I am experiencing during my online dating time. Then I got a message from a guy wearing a blue tooth earpiece in his picture and I realized, this blog would be completely pointless if I changed the way I wrote it and I would be writing things like, "no one worthy messaged me today, goodbye". So to all of you who love my bitchy humor, good news... I will keep it up!!

I get more and more messages from guys that are so impressed that I love superheroes. Unfortunately for me none of them even come close to comparing to Clark Kent. The Grim Reaper is on his 3rd time messaging me.... I am thinking about responding to him and asking him if he remembers holding a knife up to me until my friend Michael convinced him that we do not know "Landon" the guy that beat his brother over the head with a beer stein. Oh but guess what?! Landon doesn't exist, but I know exactly who it was that caused your brother's head to have to be stitched up, and we still make fun of him for starting a fight he had no hope of winning, and you for being douchey enough to actually call yourself the Grim Reaper...

Other than that, nothing too eventful happened this week. I got plenty of the same guys messaging me repeat times, and plenty more mirror pics. My favorites are those guys that have 5 pictures on their profile, and each picture was taken in the exact same mirror with a different color polo on each time... hey dude, that is the same picture, just a different shirt. Lavender does not make you look any sexier than robin's egg blue. Thanks.

I did get an email from stupid cupid saying that I am now one of the most attractive people on the site. As flattered as I am, this does not make me feel all fuzzy inside, nor give me hope that it is possible to find someone decent on any of these sites.

I would like to close today's blog by apologizing to those who do not understand my humor and to any of you that read this and get offended by my skeptic view of online dating and my constant talk of the "douche bags" that message me. But come on now... you have to admit, it is soooo funny to laugh at their expense!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment